Published 11 December 2017
With Christmas around the corner, your house is full of record-breaking potential.
Grab some crackers, gift wrap and a Santa costume and give these seven record attempts your best shot!
What better Christmas present could there be than becoming a Guinness World Records title holder?!
Fastest time to pull 20 Christmas crackers (team of two)
Current title holder: Raymond 'US Ray' Butler (USA) and Stephen 'Sizzlin' Steve' Kish (UK) from CBBC’s Officially Amazing TV show.
Record to beat: 16.26 seconds
- Start with your hands behind your back
- Participants must each hold one end of the cracker as they pull – you can’t pull both ends yourself
- Ask someone to be a timekeeper
To get the full set of rules for each of these challenges and make an official attempt, you’ll need to fill out an application for the title:
Fastest time to gift-wrap a Guinness World Records book
Current title holder: Chris Thompson (USA)
Record to beat: 18.28 seconds
- You need: A Guinness World Records book, wrapping paper, ribbon, sticky tape and scissors - please make sure an adult is with you if you try this!
- You can measure out the materials and cut your tape before the time starts
- Witnesses must inspect the package and decide whether or not it is suitably wrapped
Fastest time to make a 100 m paper chain by a team
Current title holder: Furuya Metal Co., Ltd. (Japan)
Record to beat: 56.81 seconds
- Make lots of paper strips before the attempt
- To start, use two-sided tape or glue to make one strip of paper into a circular link. Then put another strip through this link and tape/glue the ends together to form a chain.
- Carry on until you think you have reached 100 metres!
Fastest time to dress in a Santa costume
Current title holder: Andre Ortolf (Germany)
Record to beat: 34.14 seconds
- You need to put on red trousers an
Fastest time to decorate a Christmas tree
Current title holder: Sharon Juantuah (UK)
Record to beat: 36.89 seconds
- Put the following decorations on a tree, in this order: 100 lights, 2 lengths of tinsel, 15 baubles, 1 Star/Angel or Christmas icon for the top of the tree