Published 23 March 2017
We are delighted to announce that Guinness World Records 2017 Blockbusters! enters stores in the UK today, following its launch in the US and Australia earlier this year.
Our new title is jam-packed with the latest world records from your favourite films, social media, toys and beyond...
Which movies took the box office by storm? Who’s the world’s best-selling kids’ author? Which YouTube stars have the most fans? What’s the most used emoji? The latest edition of Blockbusters! holds all the answers to your need-to-know pop-culture questions.
Readers can also find out about the real-life records behind their favorite fictional stories, including the world’s largest ocean creatures which served as inspiration for the characters in the 2016 hit movie, Finding Dory.
What to expect:
- Watch: Learn more about box office blockbusters such as Kung Fu Panda, Jungle Book, X-Men, Ice Age and much more
- Browse: Explore record-breaking vloggers, memes, and impressive social media feats from the digital world
- Read: Delve into records from fan-favorites including Dr. Seuss, the Divergent series, Harry Potter and comic books
- Play: Examine amazing records relating to popular toys, from LEGO® and K’NEX to robots and drones
- Go: Check out jaw-dropping roller coasters, impressive circus performances, and attendance feats at sporting events in this section full of records involving outdoor activities and attractions
- Consume: Drool over records featuring delicious food, drinks, and sweets
Plus, we're inviting YOU to set your very own blockbuster record! Try your hand at the record-breaking challenges featured in the book.
Watch Officially Amazing's Mr Cherry demonstrate one of the activities below:
Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief, Craig Glenday, is excited about the release:
“We’re thrilled to be launching a brand new records book that puts an exciting new spin on record-breaking. Blockbusters! 2017 focuses on the trending topics that most appeal to our young readers – movies, TV shows, music, games, blogs, vlogs, and so on – and features all of their favourite characters, pop stars, actors, YouTubers and tech heroes. Readers can also take record-breaking to the next level and attempt some of the four challenges included in the book – a unique chance to not just read about record-breakers but also to become a record breaker!"