How will GWR use the information it collects about me?
GWR will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the GWR Database is accurate and kept up to date;
- to personalise and enhance the GWR Products & Services and your user-experience of them;
- for internal marketing and demographic studies;
- to comply with applicable laws or requests by law enforcement agencies; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of the GWR Products & Services and those that use them.
In the event that GWR proposes to use your personal data for any use not referenced above, we will ensure we have your consent in order to do.
The GWR Database acts as a unique repository of the world’s superlative facts and feats. Due to the archiving nature of GWR’s activities, we may store your personal data for a significant period of time. This ensures that, for example, in the event of a broken record, we are able to draw on the knowledge kept in the GWR Database to inform our audiences of the most current record-holder.