A photograph of a hen's egg has become the most Most liked image on Instagram, beating Kylie Jenner's previous record - we're not yolking!
The image was uploaded by the account 'world_record_egg' on Friday 4 January, posted with the caption: "Let's set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this."
Ten days later on Monday 14 January, the photo of the egg cracked the record, reaching 30.5 million likes during that afternoon.
Kylie Jenner set the record in February 2018 when her post announcing the arrival of her baby daughter, Stormi, got 18 million likes.
The mystery account holder of 'world_record_egg' responded to the news with: "This is madness. What a time to be alive. Thank you so much for all of your support and messages. I'm gonna try and get back to as many of you as possible. But for now I need to sleep. It doesn't end here though, we're only just getting started. #EggGang Mic drop."
Kylie Jenner reacted to the news by reposting an older video of her attempting to fry an egg on tarmac, with the caption: "Take that little egg."
A history of the most liked image on Instagram
- Will Smith and Justin Bieber set the record back in 2014 with a record-setting 1.5 million likes
- Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West then took the title with 2.4 million likes with their wedding photo in 2014
- Kendall Jenner then took the record after gaining 3.5 million likes on one of her posts
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter’s announcement of her pregnancy with Sir and Rumi Carter then received 7.3+ million likes in 2017
- Kylie Jenner’s photo of her newborn daughter Stormi received 18+ million likes in 2018