Wim Hof: The Iceman
Wim Hof, better known as The Iceman, holds many world records for his ability to survive at the most extremely cold temperatures. 🥶
He is an athlete and motivational speaker who created the Wim Hof Method and became a worldwide sensation!
He teaches valuable breath exercises and talks about the benefits of cold plunges (diving into cold water!), with millions of followers throughout the world. 🌎
His teenage years...
Wim first started experimenting with the extreme cold as a teen…
He would sit outside in the snow for hours and would even sleep outdoors during the winter without a tent or a sleeping bag!
But Wim has a 'super power': he can control the temperature of his body, and even stay warm in extreme conditions. 🤯
Of course, most people are not like Wim, so it goes without saying that you should NOT try Wim’s methods – especially not without a grown-up present! 🙅🏽♀️
His records and achievements
Because of his super-power, Wim has done some extraordinary things, like:
• Holding himself in ice water for nearly two hours 🧊
• Climbing Mount Everest, the world’s tallest mountain, without a shirt on ⛰️
• Running a half marathon (21km/ 13 miles) through the Namib Desert in Southern Africa without drinking any water 🥵
He is also a serial record breaker and has broken records 18 times!
"Cold is merciless. It shows you where you are. What you are."
- Wim Hof
Here are some of Wim’s past and/or current record titles:
• Fastest half marathon barefoot on ice/snow – 2 hours, 16 minutes and 34 seconds
• Longest swim under ice - breath held (no fins and no diving suit!) - 57.5 metres / 188 ft 6 in
• Longest duration in full body contact with ice – 1 hour, 53 minutes and 2 seconds
Wim’s story is a great example of how everyone has a special talent that can help them achieve amazing things in life – all you need is hard work and determination!
Today, the Iceman keeps on inspiring people all over the world to push their limits and do things they never thought were possible. 💪