Some records require time, money, and other resources in order to be broken…
Other records, instead, can be broken in just a moment.
All it takes is practice – oh, and a ball! ⚽
If you are one of those kids who loves sports and is always kicking a ball, this one is for you.
Check out 6 amazing record breakers and their titles, and get inspired. 👇
Tarun Kumar Cheddy
Tarun from Mauritius has honed his skills as a freestyler with all kinds of balls – basketballs, footballs, even rugby balls!
At the moment, he holds four record titles:
- Most rugby ball neck throw and catches in 30 seconds - 22
- Most times to roll a football (soccer ball) around the head in 30 seconds - 14
- Most basketball neck catches in one minute - 48
- Most basketball neck catches in 30 seconds - 25
No one does basketball freestyling tricks quite like Junji! 🏀
The talented record breaker from Japan holds 4 titles:
- Longest time spinning four basketballs - 21.65 seconds
- Longest time spinning three basketballs - 30.12 seconds
- Highest throw and catch of a spinning basketball - 6.20 m (20 f 4 in)
- Most basketball arm rolls in one minute (three basketballs) - 56
If you thought ball-related records were only meant for boys… think again! 😉
At the young age of 14, Zaila from USA broke three world records with her basketball skills:
- Most basketballs dribbled simultaneously - one person - 6
- Most bounce juggles in one minute with four basketballs - 255
- Most basketball bounces in 30 seconds (four basketballs) - 307 (current title holder is Corey Rich with 326)
On top of that, she is also the 2021 champ of the Scripps National Spelling Bee! 🐝
Who says you can’t be good at school and sports?
Zaila is one of our Young Achievers – you can read her full story here.
Ben is a professional freestyler from the UK who learned all his gravity-defying skills on the streets of Birmingham, his hometown. ❤️
He holds three record titles:
- Most football (soccer) knee catches in 30 seconds - 31
- Most consecutive rugby ball touches with the feet - 187
- Most football crossovers in one minute - 53
Originally from Venezuela, Laura used to be a circus artist and has gone on to become a freestyle world champion… and serial record breaker!
Some of her more recent record titles include:
- Most football touches with the head in one minute (female) - 206
- Most sit down football crossovers in 30 seconds (female) - 62
Chinonso from Nigeria, also known as Amazing Kid Eche, is another one of our Young Achievers. 💪🏽
At the age of 13, he broke 4 records with his awesome football freestyle tricks:
- Most football (soccer ball) headers in a prone position in one minute - 233
- Most football (soccer ball) touches in a seated position while balancing a ball on the head in one minute - 197
- Fastest time to 1000 football (soccer ball) touches while balancing a ball on the head - 7 min 46 sec
- Most consecutive football (soccer) touches in one minute while balancing a football on the head – 133
Read his full story and check out the video of his attempt here.
What are you waiting for?
Pick a record title, grab a ball… and start practising!